Custom Fields in Next Gen Project Aren't Displaying?

Josh Kench November 13, 2018

Hello,

I created custom fields for my Story issue type. I've tried to use those same fields on my Bug issue type by selecting them from the "Previously created fields" area. The fields selected from that area don't display on my Bug issue type. My bug issue type will display any new fields I create. It seems to be a problem with the shared fields. Any idea how to get them to display?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

Hey @Josh Kench

I have made this mistake many times, even testing just now, but have you saved the changes after adding the fields to your bug issue type screen? 

If that's not the case would you mind sending some screen shots of the issues or if there are any errors? 

@BRI Tech I'm definitely saving the changes. If I add a brand new field to my Bug then it works fine. If I try to use an existing field from a Story then it doesn't work. I've even tried adding a new field along with the existing field hoping that it would pick up both. That hasn't worked either.screenshot 1.pngscreenshot 2.png

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

Were you able to update the field on the create screen? 

I am getting the same problem except I can't even see the field on the create screen. 

I can update it. I just updated the field on my Bug screen and the change was reflected on my Story screen. I then checked an actual story and the change was reflected there. I then changed it back. The field never showed on an actual Bug though.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2018

Just did a quick search through the Atlassian Support portal to see if there were any existing bugs and it looks like there might be similar problems with this. 

I did a specific JQL to find the custom field problems. The first ticket JSWCLOUD-17272   seems similar to the problem you are having. 

I would suggest opening a bug ticket for your specific use case cause it is still different in some ways. Looks like the ticket I mentioned has a sort of work around for now.

Jira Software Support Portal

Let me know if you have any questions. Sorry we couldn't find you an actual solution. 

Thanks. It looks like JSWCLOUD-17272 is the issue. I'll track that one.

Suggest an answer