Custom Field on View Issue but not on Create Issue

David April 12, 2019

Hi,

I have successfully created a custom field, and it has been added to my Screen Scheme. And I see it when I Create, edit and view an issue.

I would like this field to only be visible on the view and edit Issue. 

The intended use of this field is to be set once the issue is resolved (I have configured the Resolution Screen to have this field, and this part works fine)

Is this possible to do?

Thanks,

David

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hi David,

this is very possible, but you'll need to make use of Screen Schemes in order to assign different screens to different Action. 

There's 3 possible actions:

• View
  • Edit
  • Create

For each of those types, you can apply a different screen, and on those screen you can add or remove fields as you see fit so you show a specific field at creation and not at edit or vice-versa.

• Create a screen for View (with the fields you want at View)
  • Create a screen for Create (with the fields you want at Create)
  • Create a screen for Edit (with the fields you want at Edit)
  • Head over at https://your-instance/secure/admin/ViewFieldScreenSchemes.jspa
  • Click on "Associate an issue operation to a screen"
  • Assign your View screen to the View operation
  • Assign your Create screen to the Create operation
  • Assign your Edit screen to the Edit operation
  • For the default, its up to you to decide, but if you put the 3 operations to each their screen, default should never be used

Hope this will help,

David April 12, 2019

Ah thank you David, 

I had the same screen for Edit, View and Create. I tried to edit them individually, but as I added/removed the field from each - it changed it on all of them - which makes sense as they are all the same screen.

David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Glad you figured it out! 

Suggest an answer