Custom Create story button

Mantas Geležinis May 26, 2021

Hello,

Is it possible to add new button that would open create issue dialog with selected Issue type, project and Epic Link?

Button would be similar to Create Sub task but with selected Issue type as Story.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi there,

Yes you can. We use a transition that calls itself and then copy some of the field to the newly created ticket with a JMWE plugin. However, this is a costly one since you have to purchase the plugin.  

Instructions:

1. Create a new Status that calls itself in your workflowjira_button_trigger.png
  2. You can create a new dialog screen with the fields you want and assign it to the transition (e.g Create RCR Process Screen)
  3. Add a post function to create the new ticket.  function: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/139202100/Create%2BClone%2Bissue%2Bs
  4. You can copy the tickets from the parent ticket calling the post-function
  5. You can link to the parent ticket as well through the various options.

Regards

Mantas Geležinis July 7, 2021

Thanks for your answer.

I was able to create this type of button but I'm getting some unwanted actions caused by this method...

When I send form it creates linked Story and also it updates current Issue. I need to keep current Issue  as it was. 

My Create / Clone Issue(s) Post-function looks like that
POstFunctionpng.png

Maybe you see what is causing Epic to update?

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hi @Mantas Geležinis

The epic will be updated because there are new stories linked to it, but nothing else should changed. What other fields or actions are being updated?

A few other things to check:

- No need to have the second field about issue types, it's already covered with your issue type field under the project field "same as current project"

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Hi @Mantas Geležinis  - I don't know of a way to add a new create button. And the only way when you create a new issue to have things automatically showing up is to put in a default value for that field. 

Suggest an answer