Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cumulative Release - Merge/Extract tickets from different versions

Hi,

our release strategy is the following:

• Every week we release a new version in our QA env:
    Week 1: 1.1.0
    Week 2: 1.2.0
    and so on
  • Once we have all the features that we targeted for a specific production upgrade, we will do the no regression test on that version and we will start branching to fix any identified bugs.
    e.g. Build candidate: 1.8.0
    we start the nrt and fix all the bugs in branches ---> 1.8.1, 1.8.2 and so on
  • Once all bugs have been fixed we will have our final build candidate. e.g. 1.8.5 that we will deploy in prod.

So here is the question: How can we have a cumulative release note in Jira?

If I look at the release note of the last version (e.g 1.8.5), in jira I will only see the bug fixes that have been delivered in that version. But let's say my current prod version is 1.6.2 and we will deploy 1.8.5, I want to have a release note that contains all the things delivered between those 2 versions.

How can we achieve that in jira? I can do a manual extraction of tickets through a JQL query but maybe there's a better way.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Andrea Cimma ,

the best way to manage versions in that context is to use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211591/versions-hierarchy?hosting=server&tab=support app.

You can manage and report versions in a better way than using builtin features.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,834 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you