Creating workflow using links and subtasks - need help with automation

Srikanth Mamidala May 6, 2020

Hi I am setting up a new workflow like below

1. User creates a issue (issuetype A)

2. it creates 2 more issues (Issue type B and Issuetype C) with different issue types and sub tasks under each issue and link that as (blocked issues) to parent issue (step 1)

3. Only when the 2 new issues(step 2) with different issue type are "DONE" transition to next status (Unable to do this via automation)

4. When next transition happens it creates multiple sub tasks and only when all sub tasks are complete move to review  ( added workflow condition )

4  Done  

I have 2 issues here at step 2 and 3

Step 2 issue -  is that when 2 issues are created sub tasks are not getting created using automation, but when I create manually with the same issue type  sub tasks are created fine. 

for example: 

Issuetype A

Issuetype B

Issuetype C

I have a rule setup when issuetype B or Issuetype C are created multiple subtasks are created under it, its working as expected but when I create 2 issues from issuetype A, issues are created and linked but sub tasks are not getting created. 

step 3  issue - Unable to find a way to block transition of the step 1 issue without step 2 issues are completed or done. 

1 answer

0 votes
joehardin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Srikanth,

Nobody can be much help here without info on what the rule configuration details are and what actions or errors are being logged. I recommend including a screenshot and adding a "log action" where problems are occuring in the workflow. 

On step 3, you can use the "branch issues" component to trigger the movement of the parent task based on subtask statuses matching a certain JQL condition

Suggest an answer