Creating issues inline under a Sprint places the newly created issue under the backlog

Claus Østergaard Pedersen May 12, 2023

Hi community,

I'm experiencing the following:

• I try to create an issue inline under a specific sprint (in the Backlog-view).
  • The description field is mandatory - so the create issue window is opened.
  • I fill out description and press "Create".

Problem: The issue is created, but in the Backlog, not the sprint where I originally started the creation. 

I can see that this issue was also present on Server/DC, but I have checked, and the solution/ problem described (duplicate sprint fields) is not present in my case: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/creating-issues-inline-under-a-sprint-in-a-board-places-the-newly-created-issue-under-the-backlog-rather-than-the-sprint-968654940.html

Have any of you experienced the same, and have you found a solution? (Other than having to specify the sprint again in the create issue window)

Best regards

Claus

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

It works as expected for me. I create a new issue in a future sprint on Backlog view and the issue is displayed in the FS.

Claus Østergaard Pedersen May 15, 2023

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply.

It also works for me, if there are no mandatory fields. But when fields are mandatory during creation, the create issue screen appears, and the problem is there - at least for me it is.

0 votes
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

hi @Claus Østergaard Pedersen 

I reproduced the issue on my end and had the same behavior.

If you are on Standard, Premium or Enterprise plan, i would encourage you to open a support ticket using the below link.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Side Note: the referenced article you mentioned is not valid in your scenario as it is for server and data center version.

Let me know how it went for you.

Cheers,

Karim

Claus Østergaard Pedersen May 15, 2023

Hi Karim,

Thank you for the reply. I contacted Atlassian Support, and they referred to the following bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-25316

Best regards

Claus

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2023

hi @Claus Østergaard Pedersen 

Thanks for sharing Atlassian support feedback on the issue.

I would propose another practice as a workaround that might help, by cloning an existing ticket within the sprint and check clone sprint value then modifying it later when necessary.

Personal Opinion For me, both approaches might not be quite handy because eventually i will  have to fill other fields on another popup screen.

Good Luck and feel free to come back again if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Karim

Suggest an answer