Creating issue in current project due to trigger in source project

JunoB December 13, 2022

Hi all,

I need some thoughts here. Is there a way I could implement a rule which creates an issue in current project (to which I belong) due to trigger from a story created in another project (guess I do not have access). I have created a rule for the other way around (from my project, issue created in destination, but this is the other way around). 

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Hi @JunoB 

The only two ways to do that: the way you did (rule in source-triggering project) or a global/multi-project scope rule.

There are limits to the number of global/multi-project scope rule executions per month, depending on your license level.  Please look here for more information: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi Juno,

Yes, you should be able to do that. Just use Automation for Jira as the Actor. Or another ID that has access to the other project.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events