Creating a report on release scope change

Daniel DuBravec July 15, 2021

Hello   A question for the group.   I would like to show release scope change tracked in Jira through a report.  (a Kanban board is being used on the project)   We were hoping to use one of the built in reporting tools but they don't seem to configurable to this.   Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hello @Daniel DuBravec 

Please define "release scope change". Are you talking about changes from one release to the next or are you talking about the changes of scope for a specific release (i.e. you planned to include X, Y, and Z, but only go X and Y, and unexpectedly included W)?

Also, what version of Jira Server are you using?

And, do you have any third party apps installed on your Jira instance that extend reporting or jql searching capabilities?

Daniel DuBravec July 15, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill    Thank you for the response.   Yes it would be changes of scope for a  group of releases (i.e. you planned to include X, Y, and Z, but only go X and Y, and unexpectedly included W)?   so we can show leadership why the release dates have changed.     We do have a number of 3rd party apps.   Do you have a specific one in mind?  

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

How are you tracking what you expect to be in a release vs. what actually ends up in the release? That will inform how a report could be generated.

For instance, you could use the Fix Version field to identify the version in which a particular change is actually included, and create another custom Version field called Target Version for the version in which you plan to include the change.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Daniel DuBravec July 19, 2021

Thank you @Trudy Claspill 

Suggest an answer