Creating a custom event for a Scriptrunner listener?

Michael Johnson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Hello,

I've created a custom 'generic event' event in Jira but it's not populating in the Events dropdown for a custom listener in Scriptrunner. I'm obviously missing something but don't know what. It's my intention to fire this event on a schedule using Automation for Jira so it's not attached to any workflows. I see similarly config'ed events, also not attached to a workflow, in the Events dropdown so I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated.

Best,

Michael J

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

I don't think you are missing anything, you may just have something broken elsewhere.

Here is a quick test I just did:

I created a generic event (inactive because it's not associated with any notification scheme):2019-08-14 13_33_28-View Events - JIRA Test - Corporate Issue Tracker - https___projects-test.qad.co.png

And without doing anything else, it's visible in scriptrunner listeners:2019-08-14 13_33_44-Listeners.png

So I'd increase logging level on all scriptrunner/onresolve packages then monitor your atlassian-jira.log file to see if there are any weird errors.

0 votes
Michael Johnson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

Hi Peter-Dave,

Seemed to be a bug in the version, we were on 5.5.7 and I upgraded to 5.5.9 and my new event appeared in the list. Thanks for your help.

Best, Michael J

Suggest an answer