Creating a cumulative count graph of type of issues in Dashboard

Sanjay Nivrutti Yadav March 16, 2021

Hello All,

Trying to create a cumulative graph of type of issues reported from 1 year. The count can vary based on type of issues and JQL Queries. 

I used the "JAVA Script Chart for Jira Cloud" for this graph.

However the Dataset field timeseries "None (sum of issues)" always return '0' even though the JQL query returns non-zero number of search values. 

I am also not able to get rid of "Error in JQL Query: The EQUALS operator does not support the use of the during (startOfDay(), endOfDay()) predicate."

The resultant graph is always zero,DataSet_for_Javascript_chart.pngJQLQueryResults.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hello @Sanjay Nivrutti Yadav ,

Thanks for reaching out, and there is some additional context on the error in the configuration page when the "Time series Field" option is set to "None (sum of existing issues)" noting:

NB. The JQL query will be executed once per time period.
The appropriate " DURING (X,Y)" will replace any occurance
of $DURING in the query below, or if not found will be appended

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.03.28 PM.png

As indicated the JQL is automatically appending a "DURING ("date1","date2")" option to the end of your JQL search based on the time period selected on the other config pages, The during value is an optional predicate that appends to various operators, so you need to add in one of the following operators with a field clause:

• WAS
  • WAS IN
  • WAS NOT IN
  • WAS NOT
  • CHANGED

So something like the following would work to give issue in the status "To Do" during the specified time period so the operators optional predicate can be attached

project = "OES ASIC_FPGA: Metrics2" and status was in ("To Do")

Additional details on the operators and the additional optional predicates can be seen in Advanced search reference - JQL operators.

Regards,
Earl

Sanjay Yadav March 21, 2021

Thank you. It works ! I ORed all the status in the query and it gives me the accumulated sum in desired order.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Amruth Rajagopal Vairamani August 2, 2021

Hello @Earl McCutcheon 

I am using the None option in the time series field and below query

project = XXX AND type = Bug and affectedVersion != "Development Version" and status was not in (Closed) DURING ("2017/01/01","2025/01/01")

The query result returns around 700+ records but the graph still continues to show 0. Please suggest what I am missing here

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Sanjay Nivrutti Yadav 

You can try Dynamic Filters add-on (created by my team). It allows you to filter issues by the visual composer without JQL knowledge. 

Take a look at the example below.

1. Add options you need for your request to the Smart Fields: Знімок екрана 2021-03-19 124745.jpg

2. Create Dynamic Filter for the required project: Знімок екрана 2021-03-19 141659.jpg

3. Choose the selected Dynamic Filter to compose a Pie Chart Gadget on Jira Dashboard: Знімок екрана 2021-03-19 130557.jpg

Hope you find it helpful.

Regards

Sanjay Yadav March 21, 2021

Thank you. This is also good approach.

However it gives status only at the end phase.

Was looking for incremental change in the % or counts over a period of time. 

LIU CHANG
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

Hello @Earl McCutcheon 

I am also facing same issue but follow your guidance, cumulative graph can be created but it is not very correct partially, for example, 2 issues identified in Jan, 3 issues identified in Feb, but cumulative data still is 0, and suddenly cumulative data is 5 in someday, but it is decreasing in someday later, ultimately total sum is correct... please allow no screenshot here due to customer date.

as I consider if problem occurred in date from DURING(date1, date2) 

I would like to know what kind of time is DURING(date1, date2)? do date1 and date2 indicate registry date?

Suggest an answer