Creating a Confluence page and want to insert "Jira Charts" not working

Valeria Colome May 22, 2023

I am creating a Confluence Page and want to use the "Jira Charts" macro. When I want to insert a 'PieChart' or a 'Created vs Resolved' chart, when I click insert, it doesn't show anything. I am adding the JQL of the chart I want to show. This macro is only working for me on the 'Two Dimensional' chart but I want to be able to use the other charts to show more detailed information. 

I've been trying since Friday and can't seem to find and answer. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hello @Valeria Colome 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you show us the JQL you are using and the other options you have configured in the macros that show nothing?

Valeria Colome May 22, 2023

Hi Trudy! Sure. This is the JQL I am using:

project = "Platform Integration" AND "Epic Link" in (Enablement, Project-Support, Operate-Support, Initiatives, ICC, Business-Process) AND (status not in (Open, Closed) AND updated <= endOfWeek() OR status changed to Closed after startOfWeek() AND status changed to Closed before endOfWeek() )

It is currently being used in a Jira Dashboard so it is tested and it works perfectly fine in Jira. 

When I insert the PieChart, I just changed the settings to display by Epic Link but even if I don't change a setting, when I click insert, it doesn't show anything on my page. 

image.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

It looks like the preview in the macro edit dialog is showing results.

So you click Insert, and the macro is inserted into your page. Correct?

And you then publish the page, but the pie chart doesn't display in the published page?

Valeria Colome May 23, 2023

Exactly. I can see it in the preview page but when I click insert nothing happens. 

When I do it the same but with the two-dimensional chart, it automatically shows this when I click insert.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 094258.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Have you published the page that includes the pie chart macro and found it still does not display in the published page?

Have you tried viewing the published page in other browsers?

Have you checked with other users, who have access to the Jira issues, to find out if they see the chart in the published page?

Valeria Colome May 23, 2023

Have you published the page that includes the pie chart macro and found it still does not display in the published page?  Yes. When I publish the page the pie chart it is still not displayed. 

Have you tried viewing the published page in other browsers? I've tried in Chrome and Edge and it doesn't work in any of them. 

Have you checked with other users, who have access to the Jira issues, to find out if they see the chart in the published page? Yes, they also just see the two-dimensional chart. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

I have not been able to recreate your issue.

At this point I recommend you have your Jira/Confluence administrators open a support case with Atlassian Support to get their help.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Valeria Colome May 30, 2023

I figured out that my query was the one with the problem. I tested part by part and it started working. I just had to look for a more efficient way to write the query. 

Thank you!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

Interesting! Would you mind sharing with us the query that worked?

Valeria Colome May 31, 2023

Sure! 

project = "Platform Integration" AND "Epic Link" in (Enablement, Project-Support, Operate-Support, Initiatives, ICC, Business-Process) AND (status not in (Open, Closed) AND updated <= 2023-05-26 OR status = Closed AND resolutiondate >= 2023-05-20 AND resolutiondate <= 2023-05-26) ORDER BY created DESC, status ASC

Using "resolutiondate" works better since it is a little more efficient.

Suggest an answer