Created Vs Resolved chart not showing Done stories

Du Tran November 15, 2017

I would like to have the Created Vs Resolved gadget chart show the stories that are marked as Done. Is there anyway to do this using a post action. Do I need to set the resolution of a story to a different state than 'Done'?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Du Tran November 15, 2017

I found the issue. We set resolution to 'Done' via post action, however the filter that I was using for the chart data was only using "Resolution in ("To Do", "In Progress"). I changed the filter to include all issues and it works as expected.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Or by including a screen at the very last transition where you make the resolution field required.

Glad it is working for you!

Dev Poudel November 23, 2017

I am using  JIRA Software 7.3.7 and Service desk  3.5.1.

Eventhough there are tickets with done resolution , the reports Created Vs Resolved and gadget Created Vs Resolved does not show the correct counts for resolved tickets..

The resolution field is not hidden in my project.

IS this a bug within jira or I am doing something wrong here?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2017

@Dev PoudelAre you doing it for one project or several projects?

I will suggest you here some triage before thinking it is a bug as filters can be tricky sometimes.

Try a filter at a project level "Created Vs Resolved" see if it is giving you the right count.

Also how do you know it is not giving you the right count?

Dev Poudel November 24, 2017

hi @Fadoua thanks for your attention.

I am using it for single project in service desk.

I know that count was not correct because there are like 50 resolved tickets in a day and the graph shows 2 or 3.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2017

Hi Dev,

My pleasure!

Why don't you create your own filter see if it will give you more accurate info?

Again I try solutions from my end before thinking that there is something wrong with the Gadget.

Dev Poudel November 27, 2017

HI Fadoua, 

I did a search 

project = "Customer Support"  AND resolved >=  startOfMonth() 

it shows only two tickets, however there are more than 50 tickets with resolution done.

However it works for other projects  which are not part of service desk, but does not seem to work for Service desk project.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2017

Morning Dev,

project = "Customer Support" AND status = Done AND resolution = "Work Complete" and resolutiondate >= startOfMonth()

hi Fadoua,

resolutiondate does not work on my filter.

project = "Customer Support" AND status = Done AND resolution = "Work Complete"

This shows around 50 tickets.

project = "Customer Support" AND status = Done AND resolution = "Work Complete" and resolutiondate >= startOfMonth()

does not show any thing, though these tickets were solved within this month.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2017

Weird that resolution date is not working for you. It should be available in JIRA.

works for other projects on JIRA but fails on project with Service Desk especially resolved and resolutiondate..

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2017

Then please check your ServiceDesk settings, the JQL I sent you earlier is from a JSD Project.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2017

Thinking about it may be you didn't add the resolution date field to your screen in the JSD project

Dev Poudel November 28, 2017

There is a resolution field in customer desk screen and this is not hidden since the beginning.

Which version of Service desk are you using?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2017

@Dev PoudelResolution Date is the one I was referring to. Not Resolution field.

Dev Poudel November 29, 2017

I can find resolutiondate and resolved variable when I make a Query.

But there is not such fields like Resolution Date within the system.

How do I get this field to my project screen?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2017

It is a system field.

Go to your JSD project screen and then add Resolution Date

once it is available on the screen you can add it to your query.

which version of JSD do you have?

I have Service desk  3.5.1., and I cannot find the field Resolution Date. I have Due date and other fields but Resolution date is missing and I cannot add to my project screen,.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2017

Using 3.3.0

okay that's strange why I can't find resolution date field with 3.5.1.

Going to settings and field.. I can't see resolution field.

Do you have any ideas, where can I see it to bring to my screen.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2017

My apology Resolution Date can not be added to a screen, however it is a field available in the JQL query. I just tried it in my JSD project and gave me the right information.

Dev Poudel November 30, 2017

yes I agree, Resolution Date is variable available in JQL query. 

It works fine with other JIRA Scrum projects, but does not work with Service Desk Projects in my case.

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

What does the issues resolution field show? If it is showing unresolved even if their status is done that's the reason behind your problem

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Indeed, the chart doesn't have any function for using anything other than the resolution field.  You need to configure it so that resolution is set when going into "done" and cleared when coming out of it.

Jeanne Coalwell May 11, 2022

How do you "clear" ... it makes you select a value and any value = resolution

Jeanne Coalwell May 11, 2022

also when trying to set with a workflow automation transition... it is NOT in the available field list to select...  I am using JIRA Work Management project.

Like Egor Bevz likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2022

The first option on the list of resolutions is "none".  If you select that and save it, Jira will then display "clear the value of resolution" in the summary of the post-functions.

Marc Isikoff December 12, 2023

Looking at JSD's reports as well as Dashboard gadgets and indeed the Created vs Resolved for either is not using Resolved (system field) as I have hundreds with "Done"

Suggest an answer