Create notification when isuue over a day in status

tzuf.gefen July 7, 2021

Hi community

I want to create an automation that a notification is sent to the admin when an issue is in a certain status over one working day.
Do I need to do this through a scriptrunner in Listeners or can I
Create this through rules.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hi @tzuf.gefen  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can create an Automation For Jira Scheduled rule that runs once a day. Then use JQL for the rule to fetch the issues - something like:

project = ABC and status changed to "Develop" after startOfDay (-1)

where ABC is your project name and Develop Underway is your status - just substitute out with your values. 

tzuf.gefen July 13, 2021

Very helpful, thank you very much!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Are you on CMP project? If so you can use Automation in combination with a custom date field and workflow post function. Here is the concept:

1. the custom date field (ex. “Entered Status”) is updated via a post function on every transition to include the date time of the transition.
  2. For the automation run a scheduled rule that runs daily and compare the current date to the “Entered Status” and if greater than one day, or your criteria, then the action to send email would be executed

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events