Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create issues in team managed business project by email

Hello,

For project management within a team we are creating team managed business projects. Is there a way to configure jira cloud so individual team managed business projects are able to handle incoming emails and create new tasks or add comments to existing tasks?

We have only licenced atlassian users within these business projects.

I am familiar with work management aka service desk projects where customers are sending out emails, jira is receiving them and adding to service desk issues. I can't figure out if there is a way to do the same thing with business project where each project will get assigned its own email address for example project1@enmontech.atlassian.net and people added into the project can create their tasks by sending messages to such address?

In the docs I have read there should be channels ->> email in the projects settings but I don't have this within my instance / team managed business projects.

Thanks and greetings

Peter

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, you can.  JSM has a customer-focussed email "channel", but plain Jira has "email handlers" which are a bit different; they are not part of projects like the channels are, but do need to be configured to point to a project.

Have a skim though https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,510 views 37 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you