Create different types of subtasks

ERRAJI Hamza April 16, 2023

Hello,

I would like to know if i can add a different types of sub-tasks.

for example :

- SubTask-Test : for testing

- SubTask-Doc : for documentation.

Best regards,

Hamza

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is only possible for Company-managed projects.  Team-managed projects only support a single sub-task type (called sub-task.  There are open requests to allow for more)

For CMPs, log in as an admin and go to admin -> Issue types, add the ones you need, then go to the projects that need them, look at the "issue type scheme" and add the new types to that.

Thank you for your response 

can we add a workflow per subtask-type?

for example : 

a workflow for my test subtasks and another workflow for my doc subtasks ?

thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Look to the workflow scheme for that.

ERRAJI Hamza April 17, 2023

Thanks

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2023

Hi @ERRAJI Hamza ,

As Nic said, this is doable and you can follow his instructions of doing so. However, before doing that be very certain that you indeed need more subtasks types. You don't want to clutter up your instance.

Thank you for your response 

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2023

@ERRAJI Hamza For example, you could define Components for Test and Docs, and use the Component field to filter Test and Docs tickets, or similarly use the Labels field, or define a new field. However, if you need different workflows for Test and Docs, then you would need to have different issue types.l

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events