Create an automation task from the creation of a specific issue

Azahara Camacho April 21, 2021

Hello,

I would like to create an issue in other project when a specific issue is created in my project. However, I only find the option of automating this task with the creation of ANY issue type. Could you help me to find this option in Jira in case that it exists?

Thanks in advance,

Azahara.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

You certainly should be able to do this with automation. Try the following

trigger: issue created

condition: JQL - type = “mytype”

action: create issue

Thanks a lot! This is just what I needed! 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Azahara Camacho 

You describe detecting the created issue in one project and then creating another in a different project.  Is that correct? If so...Please note there are execution limits for global/multi-project rules for different license levels:

Customers on Free and Standard plans have access to a limited monthly trial allotment of global and multi project rule executions (100 and 500 per month, respectively).

Premium users have 1000 global and multi-project rule executions per paid user per month. Ex: 200 users in Jira Cloud Premium will have 200,000 monthly global/multi-project rule executions per month. This is pooled across all Jira tools and all users. Enterprise users have access to unlimited automation executions.

Please see this documentation for more information:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Best regards,

Bill

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Azahara Camacho

In the automation, you'll need to set it to the "issue created" trigger (which you found) but then you'll have to add an IF clause/condition to further narrow down the specifics of your issue.

The rule will always be triggered (so I'd suggest a project specific one, but then it will only work in the same project) and  then evaluate the rule further.

Yes, that's what I needed. With the if condition after the creation I can solve my problem. Thanks a lot!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Hi Azahara,

You should be able to add a Condition after the initial Issue Created trigger that helps to identified the specific issue. 

Can you share what you have and more details of what is needed? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events