Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue - dont work

Deleted user October 30, 2017

Hi, I have configured POP / IMAP Mail Servers - It works

also i configured mail handler in incoming mail section and set it as "Create a new issue or add a comment ".

My problem is when I create issue, and mail it to non jira user, and he reply for this mail (with id of issue in the subject) jira is creating new issue (and mail info about this to this mail). Why it doesn't add comment to this issue ? Instead of this, new issue is created ?

2 answers

0 votes
Neetu Verma October 23, 2020

HI, 

Did we figure out a solution for this? I have a similar issue, but mine sometimes adds as a comment but sometimes it is the new ticket. 

Help please, this is very critical for our production support team process.

Thanks

Neetu

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

Could you give us the subject line of an email that has done this, plus the configuration of the email handler that is processing it?

Also, could you check that you only have one email handler looking at the mailbox?

Deleted user November 2, 2017

I had few subjects

first of all i just clicked reply in email so the subject was the same as generated from jira (it has the issue id)

second subject was just issue id or Re: issue_id

everything was creating new issue instead of commenting.

And yes I have only one email handler 

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Przechwytywanie2.PNGPrzechwytywanie3.PNG

Darin Hafer July 21, 2020

In my case, I have Jira Server 7.9.2 which is now past end of life.

I have the same issue, using default incoming mail handlers.

1. Person sends an email from an external system to an email address.
  2. Email handler for email address creates ticket just fine.
  3. Person comments in the external system, which then sends a new email to the email address of the email handler.

Result:

Jira creates a new ticket each time a comment is added from the external system.

This is my email handler config:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 11.00.57 AM.jpg

So what is it that Jira is looking for, that causes it to add a comment instead of creating a new ticket?

Does it expect subsequent emails to be a "reply" such as having "Re: " in the email subject for example? 

Like Diogo Teles likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events