Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue - dont work

Hi, I have configured POP / IMAP Mail Servers - It works

also i configured mail handler in incoming mail section and set it as "Create a new issue or add a comment ".

My problem is when I create issue, and mail it to non jira user, and he reply for this mail (with id of issue in the subject) jira is creating new issue (and mail info about this to this mail). Why it doesn't add comment to this issue ? Instead of this, new issue is created ?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Could you give us the subject line of an email that has done this, plus the configuration of the email handler that is processing it?

Also, could you check that you only have one email handler looking at the mailbox?

I had few subjects

first of all i just clicked reply in email so the subject was the same as generated from jira (it has the issue id)

second subject was just issue id or Re: issue_id

everything was creating new issue instead of commenting.

And yes I have only one email handler 

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Przechwytywanie2.PNGPrzechwytywanie3.PNG

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,462 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you