Create a Jira Administrator in Jira Cloud without consuming Jira Software license

Susana Domínguez April 17, 2023

Hi, 

I need to confirm if a Jira Administrator could manage the Company-managed project's Settings without consuming a Jira Software license.

According to the Atlassian documentation, Jira administrators (anyone with the Administer Jira global permission) always have access to the project's settings.

I have checked this and, a user with this global permission, but without a Jira Software license, can manage the Team-managed projects but, for the Company-managed projects he cannot see the Project Access section and, therefore, he cannot manage the members.

In the case of Server and Data Center platforms, Atlassian proposes a guide for having a user that cannot work on or view any tickets but have access to all of the administration menus without consuming a license. See here.

Is some way there to get this for the Jira Cloud platform??

Thank you!

Susana

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Susana Domínguez and welcome to the community,

I would suggest that you leave the project membership to the project admins and not the jira administrators. Let Jira admins deal with the workflows etc, and let project admins deal with who will have access to the project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events