Create a Board that hides certain issues from the project

Deleted user April 7, 2021

Hey guys, 

I`m pretty new to JIRA, so excuse my lack of basics, but I guess, I have to start somewhere ;-) 

I'm trying to create a second Board beneath a existing one which has several issues of a Certain Type.

The Second one shall exclude all the Issues of the first Board; 

could sbd please support?

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

There's two light misconceptions I'd like to clarify, probably coming from the way I've read the question.

• Boards do not exist around each other - there's no "second board beneath a first", there are simply two boards.
  • Boards do not contain issues, they are a view of a selected set of issues. 

Most boards you'll see take the default route of "look at a a project" (projects contain issues), but you can change the filters to something more clever.

So, in your case, assuming your current board says "project = XYZ", then 

• Edit the search for this board, changing it to "project = XYZ and issuetype in (type1, type2, type3)"
  • Then create a new board and change its filter to "project = XYZ and issuetype not in (type1, type2, type3)"
Deleted user April 7, 2021

that was helpful, thanks a lot

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

Another option, rather than creating a second board, is to create one or more Quick Filters that can be toggled. Click Board > Configure > Quick Filters to set them up.

Deleted user April 8, 2021

thanks! I already considered this, but as there is a separate Team, that operates on another subproject, I chose to make a separate Board for not confusing things too much 

Like Payne likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

It was a good suggestion, I should have mentioned it too.  But it's not right for your case.  It's a standard recommendation that boards should be for a team (in fact, if you look at Jira Align, you'd find it equates the two completely - a board is a team)

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user April 9, 2021

wow - i must say - great community, thanks for the annotation

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events