Create Screen issue - showing custom field after it's logged in the portal

Claire Berry March 3, 2021

What I am trying to achieve in my Servicedesk is a Custom read only text field on a request which pops up after something is selected to give the user more information. See below:

ss3.PNG

So what I did for this was create a custom field of type "Text Field (multi-line)" and I added default text as seen above. 

(This is also a dynamic field based on a previously selected item from a list which I achieved using the Dynamic Forms extension.)

Then in the Behaviours admin section (Administration > Manage apps > Scriptrunner > Behaviours) I added behaviours for the field to be set to Readonly:

ss4.PNG

So I only want this read only field to show when a request is being logged, and not anywhere after. So I assigned the custom field to a Create screen for that issue type. 

However, when I log the request, and view it in the portal, I can see the field:

ss5.PNG

I only want it to be showing when logging the request. How can I fix it so it doesn't show here?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Alternatively, if this text is static to be shown for a particular field, then you can make use of optional Help text for this field in your Request configuration in JSD project.

Also, can you check if you are using the same screen for Create issue and View issue Operations? If it is the case, you will need to make separate screen for View issue operation and remove this read-only text field from this screen.

Hope it helps!

Claire Berry March 11, 2021

Thanks Taranjeet, I didn't realise I could format the Field help text field in the same way you can format the Help and instructions section. So this has helped add extra notes for users! Although there are still some issues for when I want to add notes and there is no field I can attach this to for it to make sense. But it's a good start anyway. 

I had created separate screens for them. But I think maybe the create screen must cover both the create screen when creating a request and also when viewing it within the portal, which is a bit annoying

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Glad, it helped! Please mark the answer as accepted for helping others in the community! Thanks.

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@Claire Berry  Try removing this field from the screen used for View Issue operation in the Screen Scheme of your relevant issue type in your JSM (JSD) project.

Claire Berry March 4, 2021

Hi @Taranjeet Singh

Thanks for the reply. I only have this field on the Create screen, and it is not on the View screen. ss9.PNG

I think this might be showing because there is a default value? Which I need to display the text. Is there any way to fix this or is there a better/alternative way to display notes for the user when creating a request?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer