Creat a board for all projects

Daniel Peña May 4, 2021

When I try to create a new board that includes all projects, I don't see any project in the drop-down menu to select it in order to include it in the new board. I don't understand why this happens.

The process I'm following is:

Click the search bar --> click all boards ---> Create board ---> Create a Kanban board --> I select Board from an existing project --> Next 

And then I type the name of the new board I want to create, but I don't see any options in the projects drop down menu... (I have 10 projects but none of them is there)

Thank you so much for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Hello @Ingenuity & Solutions LLC 

Welcome to the community.

Are your 10 projects Company Managed projects or Team Managed projects?

The Projects list should show you all Company Managed projects to which you have access.

You cannot create additional boards for Team Managed projects. There is only one board for a Team Managed project - the one created with it when you created that project.

Daniel Peña May 4, 2021

They are all Team Managed Projects :( 

I think I would need to create new Company managed projects for each project, but If I create Company Managed Projects, can I transfer issues and epics from my previous Team managed projects to the new Company Managed Projects? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

You can migrate issues from Team Managed to Company Managed projects, but there are limitations.

Here is a reference document for this for Software type projects:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

Like Mona Agarwal likes this
Daniel Peña May 4, 2021

Great, thank you so much for your help! Have a great day 

Like John Funk likes this
Mona Agarwal May 4, 2021

Thanks, Trudy! It's going to help me as well!

Suggest an answer