Count total estimated and remaining time

Louise Woods May 4, 2023

Hi, 

I had an automation rule in place that counted up the total time logged in original estimate and remaining estimate. 

I edited to the rule from single project to multi project however advised the JQL was incorrect. This is due to a recent change from Jira - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/upcoming-changes-epic-link-replaced-with-parent/

So I updated Epic Link to Parent however it states the automation is successful however not updating the fields on the Epic. 

Can anyone help me?

Capture - Automation Rule 1.PNGCapture - Automation Rule 2.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hello @Louise Woods 

What is your evidence that the rule is not working correctly?

What does the Audit Log show for the rule execution?

Louise Woods May 9, 2023

Capture - Automation Rule 4.PNG

Louise Woods May 9, 2023

It states it is successful however the Epic is not updating. 

It looks like there is an issue with the lookup since the change - as there is about 5 issues on that Epic. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Louise Woods 

Adding to Trudy's ideas...

Are you using a Company-managed (CMP) or a Team-managed project (TMP)?  You may find this information at the bottom-left side of the expand area on the browser page.

I ask because TMP have always used "parent" for epic linking, and CMP are in transition from "epic link" to "parent", as you noted from that article.  However, I continue to observe inconsistency for CMP around the epic changes, so perhaps change your lookup issues JQL to use Epic Link to see what happens:

"Epic Link" = {{issue.key}}

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Louise Woods May 9, 2023

@Bill Sheboy - It is a CMP project. 

I have updated the automation and it has successful saved and run as expected! 

Thank you for you help total life saver.  

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events