Could the permission on creating release version change ? only admin can use now.

Su Jay December 1, 2020

Every project only admin can create release version, but I wan to make who is in RD group can use. I only find relative permission is setting a fix version in resolved permission.

Does it can change ? The permission which I circle with green line.create version.png

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hello @Su Jay 

No, at this time it is not possible to grant the Create Version permission to other Roles. Only those assigned to the Administrator role for the project can create versions.

Su Jay December 8, 2020

Thanks

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

Here is the change request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-34015

Vote/comment on it.

0 votes
serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2023

THis is totally crazy that this request is still in the status so called GATHERING at atlassian side since 2004 ... Ho my god.... wake up guys and implement it

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-4679

0 votes
Jonas Storm Fredsgaard February 10, 2022

Hey there.

As @Christopher Kraft ask for, are there any plans for separations?

We are currently using a mix of internal and external project manager, both roles need access to release a sprint in Jira. Which not are possible without giving them, external consulting’s, admin access. And no doubt about these not are best practical way to do it!

0 votes
Christopher Kraft January 21, 2022

Hello 
are there plans to authorise the versions separately?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events