Copy the child value from a Cascading select custom field to "Affects versions" field

Samuel Bar October 17, 2020

I would like to copy from a Cascading select custom field the child value selected and update "Affects Versions" native field during the creation of a new issue in an automation rule

Cascading custom field ID = customfield_10296

{
"update": {
"versions" : [ { "name": "{{triggerIssue.fields.customfield_10296.child.value}}"} ]
}
}

No error occurred but the Affects Versions field in the new issues is empty

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2020

Hi @Samuel Bar, I tried the same scenario using the code snippet you shared. It worked for me when I created the version with the same name as the custom field child value in the target project (under release project settings) - where the ticket was created. I was able to spot that through the Automation Audit log. If you have the matching version created in the target project, all the appropriate permissions in place, and still not seeing the updates, what does the Audit log entry say?

Cheers,
IL.

Samuel Bar October 19, 2020

Hi @Ivan Lima ,

Thanks for your reply!!

I have the following errorimage.png

Please advice

Thanks

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2020

Yeah, now I realized that you’re using update in your JSON body. It should be fields.

that’s my example I tested.

{
"fields": {
"versions" : [ { "name": "{{triggerIssue.fields.customfield_10033.child.value}}"} ]
}
}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events