Copy/paste randomly breaks

Christie Grinham September 9, 2022

Hello, I'm having an intermittent issue where the clipboard functionality randomly breaks in Jira. The only website affected is Jira, no others.

Selecting text in an issue and hitting ctrl+c or right click and copy neither result in the value being copied to the clipboard (as I can see from my clipboard manager). Reloading the page is the only thing that fixes it.

I can't see any errors in the dev console and I have no idea how else to diagnose this issue. Does anybody have any idea what I can do ?

2 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Christie Grinham Is this happening in multiple browsers or just one?  Does the page fully load when this occurs or is it still loading?  

Christie Grinham September 12, 2022

Hi Brant, I've only been using Google Chrome. The page is fully loaded and I wouldn't be able to tell there was an issue until I try to copy or paste.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

@Christie Grinham do you have any browser plugins?

Christie Grinham September 13, 2022

Only these ones:

2022-09-13_10-49.png

And I have ublock origin disabled on Jira.

I'm running Chrome on Ubuntu 22.04.1

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

If you disable the plugins do you still have the issue?  Also if you use a different browser are you having the issue?

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Christie Grinham

this may not directly solve your problem but could be useful anyway; if you frequently copy/paste values within and across Jira issues, you may like the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. Inline editing can be either done "field by field", or in bulk, using copy/paste. This is how this looks in action:

bulk-edit-original-estimate-v2.gif

This works for any editable issue field, for up to 10000 issues in one go, and also across Jira and e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. I should add that there are certain limitations as well, e.g. rich text is currently copy/pasted in a single-line plain text representation, but depending on your use case, I feel that JXL could save you quite a bit of time.

Again, not offering a direct solution to your problem - sorry! - I just thought this may be useful.

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events