Copy a Project configuration into a new project

Juan Fuentes April 30, 2024

So I would like to create a new project that using all the same features and functions another project has.    There is an existing client facing project that has things like Raise a request, Acceptance criteria etc and I would like to create a new project for a new client using the exact same format and style.  But I cant find a way to do it.  I thought Script Runner could help but no.  I dont want to copy the context just the features and functions workflow etc

1 answer

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2024

HI @Juan Fuentes , thanks for your question.

You should be able to create a project with the same workflows, etc using this tick box here. When you go to create a project, choose the same product (Jira Software Kanban or Scrum or Jira Service Management), company-managed and then here, if you choose to share settings, you can select the already existing customer-facing project.image.png

Hope this helps

Cheers

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2024

Here is the documentation that explains what is copied / shared

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-new-project/

Projects that share configuration share:

• issue types
  • workflows
  • screens
  • fields
  • permissions
  • notifications

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE