Conversion of Sub-Task to Issue - Not Working

Chibuzor Obilom June 7, 2021

I tried converting a sub-task to issue this morning and there was a failure. Got here because of the way the process to report issues like this is routed.

See response page:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 1.27.03 PM.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

Hello @Chibuzor Obilom,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know more details about the steps you are following.

Can you please let us if the sub-task you are trying to convert is from a team-managed (next-gen) or company-managed (classic) project?

Is it happening after what step?

Is it happening if you try to convert to any issue type or a specific one?

Are other users able to replicate the issue?

If possible, test on another project.

I tried to replicate it here on my test site and it only happens on a team-managed project when using the option directly from the Search issues page.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 16.39.29.png

Kind regards,
Angélica

Chibuzor Obilom June 9, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Thanks for your response.

• Company-managed (classic) project
  • It is happening after the final step of conversion
  • It is happening when I try to convert from sub-task to bug (haven't tried other conversions).
  • I don't feel safe to test on another project or another conversion type as I do not want to flood my team's Jira boards with duplicated information, as is already happening with the current conversion.
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Thank you for the details, @Chibuzor Obilom.

I found some errors on the logs related to the conversion and found a similar ticket where the issue was related to the rank system (AKA LexoRank).

Caused by: cloud.atlassian.logmon.laas.api.PrivacySafeException: Privacy-safe boxing of a com.atlassian.jira.bc.subtask.conversion.SubtaskToIssueConversionException

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.subtask.conversion.DefaultSubTaskToIssueConversionService.preStoreUpdates(DefaultSubTaskToIssueConversionService.java:157)

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.subtask.conversion.DefaultIssueConversionService.convertIssueDetails(DefaultIssueConversionService.java:382)

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.subtask.conversion.DefaultIssueConversionService.convertIssue(DefaultIssueConversionService.java:441)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.AbstractConvertIssue.doConvert(AbstractConvertIssue.java:313)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

There is one last test to do that may help fix the issue or it may also return some error that will help us identify what is causing it. 

It’s necessary to be a Jira administrator to run the steps below: 

Go to Cog icon > System > LexoRank Management.

On this page, there is an option to Balance all fields and the Integrity checks that will show PASSED or FAILED. If it fails, it will show errors that will help us.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 13.56.28.png

If everything goes fine, then please, test converting an issue again. If still doesn’t work, then it will be necessary to create a ticket so we can access the site to replicate the issue. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Chibuzor Obilom , welcome to the Community!

Does this error occur every time you try to move a sub-task to an issue? I would recommend trying this again - there may have been a temporary technical issue with Atlassian's servers.

If the problem has occurred several times and you are unable to move the issue from a sub-task to a non-sub-task, I would recommend raising a support ticket with Atlassian here

Chibuzor Obilom June 7, 2021

Thanks @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ for your response.

This support ticket link brought me to the Community. I could not submit a ticket, because the Explore Community and View Documentation options were the options displayed after I provided my URL.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.33.29 PM.png

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Chibuzor Obilom Based on your screenshot, it looks like you're on the Free plan of Jira, and therefore cannot raise a support ticket through my above link. I have raised your issue with someone in the Atlassian team, so hopefully someone will be in touch with you soon!

Chibuzor Obilom June 9, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events