Consolidate 5 Service Desk portals into one

Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

Hello,

It is possible to unite 5 Jira Service Desk portals into one Portal but to keep all projects separate?

In case of yes how can this be done?

2 answers

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

The best way to do this is keep them separate projects but create your own web page portal with all your links going to the correct portals. The customer has no idea its all separate portals or just use the default interface that Atlassian gives which does show they are all separate portals.

Dont link to the portal directly but link directly to the issue creation and it works just fine. I did this for a lot of our internal customers on an sharepoint site. Looked quite nice for sharepoint but I was able to make what looks like one portal but was in fact several.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2019

No it is not. A portal is always tied to a project when you create the service desk project. 

There is an overarching help desk interface that lets users choose what portal they want to access though.

I don’t know if that will help in your case.

Suggest an answer