Connection timeout

Paul Grigsby May 21, 2023

I have two computers in the same network, my server and another comp lets call it PC.  If I try to go to my jira cloud website on my server, I get a "The connection has timed out" error. However, on my PC I can load the page just fine. My server was previously able to connect to jira just fine. I don't have any firewalls preventing access and my server can navigate to any other webpage just fine other than any atlassian websites.  I was previously using the REST api to interact with jira. Maybe I am IP blocked now? I'm not sure what to do. Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Graham Twine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2023

Hello @Paul Grigsby

I doubt the IP is blocked. The Jira cloud server sees all machines on a network as the same IP. The network will break out from a gateway and this is the IP atlassian will see.

Can you log onto the server and execute something like curl to access the endpoint?

Are you certain there is not some new policy implemented in the organization that has now blocked Jira cloud because you could reach this server previously?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events