Connecting to JIRA after restoring backup

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Hi

In order to perform some testing I am restoring an XML backup of an AWS hosted JIRA Data Centre into a Dev Windows JIRA instance.

The restore completes without error but I am not able to log into the restored server using an admin account set up as an internal user on the source system.

Source system version 7.11.0 Data Center SD and SW on AWS

Target 7.13 SD and SW on Windows

I realise not being like for like might be an issue but I was assuming user access would work so we could look at issues locally

We have an AWS dev system to use but I was hoping I could resolve any issues on a local machine first.

Some additional info

I can see in the logs that the route cause is an ldap error. There was no LDAP defined in the empty target system before importing. I will try installing again and configuring an ldap connection before restoring.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

@Tom Lister See if the issue and resolution in this KB article apply to your case to resolve the issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/cannot-login-to-service-desk-as-local-user-when-crowd-sso-is-enabled-777026935.html

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2019

It turned out that the problem was with the IP address of the LDAP details imported weren’t accessible from the dev server. I eventually got in with an internal account and set it correctly 

Suggest an answer