Connecting separate Jira Cloud account/group to existing Jira Server

Hirofumi Matsumura
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2022

I work for a local office but I'm also a member of multi-national company.

I'm currently a user of Jira Server that all my colleague in other regions are on.

I'm starting to use my own local team setup in the Jira Cloud but some of them want to assign tasks to the members of the Jia Server. How is it (ever) possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

Hi @Hirofumi Matsumura ,

Well as you need to assign issues to other users in your Jira Cloud, users will need an account on it to be able to connect and collaborate. 

Why don't you use directly the Jira Server to collaborate with your colleagues in the Jira Server platform? 

There is no magic here unfortunately, if you need to work with other users in Jira Cloud, you need to create an account for them and pay for license if you reach more than 10 users... 

I hope it helps a bit. 

Cheers,
Dam. 

Hirofumi Matsumura
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2022

Hi Dam,

Thanks for your clarification. 

I wanted to use Jira Cloud because some of my colleagues can't connect to our Jira Server in our private network. Also I won't need to (nor I want to) have a full access to the global projects and admin features, but I do need them for my local team projects & configurations. 

In any case I won't see any short-term solution here. I'll see if we eventually decide to migrate all on Jira Cloud.

Best,

Matsu

Like Dam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders