Connecting Linux MySQL 5.7

Hiu Hang December 3, 2019

I'm setting up a Jira server, two Linux servers, one for database and the other for Jira , But i have issues on the Jira setup page, database setup, i followed the instructions but skip step 1's 4-5. The setup page page is stating that the MySQL instance is not properly configured. Do i have to run the adapter driver on my Jira server in order to solve this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hiu Hang December 8, 2019

i have fixed the issue by after checking SSL is turned off on my db server and resetting the dbconfig.xml by deleting it and restarting jira to go through with the setup wizard again. Thank you.

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

When you say you have setup everything - have you applied the database drivers at jira end ..../lib/... ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

If it is saying the database is not properly configured, it is usually telling you what you have missed in the set up.

Why have you not configured it as specified?  If you are not being told what is wrong, can you tell us what you are seeing?

Hiu Hang December 4, 2019

i placed the driver in jira's end in ..../jira/lib/

The error doesn't state anything else, only shows "This MySQL instance is not properly configured. Please follow the documentation for MySQL 5.7+ setup.

i skipped step 4 and 5 as i am doing on linux, i assume those are for windows, and have restarted both jira and mysql

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

While you were testing connection - have you monitored the logs at that moment ?

Check what does your logs say when you do a Test Connection .

Where are the logs located? i am using the setup wizard

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2019

Your JIRA catalina.out logs.

It is flooded at the bottom with establishing SSL connection warring:

WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2019

Can you share some screenshot of the DB Configuration Screen Page ?

Capture_LI.jpg

Suggest an answer