Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Connecting Linux MySQL 5.7 Edited

I'm setting up a Jira server, two Linux servers, one for database and the other for Jira , But i have issues on the Jira setup page, database setup, i followed the instructions but skip step 1's 4-5. The setup page page is stating that the MySQL instance is not properly configured. Do i have to run the adapter driver on my Jira server in order to solve this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

i have fixed the issue by after checking SSL is turned off on my db server and resetting the dbconfig.xml by deleting it and restarting jira to go through with the setup wizard again. Thank you.

When you say you have setup everything - have you applied the database drivers at jira end ..../lib/... ?

If it is saying the database is not properly configured, it is usually telling you what you have missed in the set up.

Why have you not configured it as specified?  If you are not being told what is wrong, can you tell us what you are seeing?

i placed the driver in jira's end in ..../jira/lib/

The error doesn't state anything else, only shows "This MySQL instance is not properly configured. Please follow the documentation for MySQL 5.7+ setup.

i skipped step 4 and 5 as i am doing on linux, i assume those are for windows, and have restarted both jira and mysql

While you were testing connection - have you monitored the logs at that moment ?

Check what does your logs say when you do a Test Connection .

Where are the logs located? i am using the setup wizard

Your JIRA catalina.out logs.

It is flooded at the bottom with establishing SSL connection warring:

WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.

Can you share some screenshot of the DB Configuration Screen Page ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,469 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you