Connect Multiple Salesforce instances to one Jira Instance

Navjot Aujla May 22, 2022

Hi,

We are in the middle of moving to a new Salesforce org but still have both orgs that need to connect to one Jira instance in the interim. Is it possible to connect two Salesforce orgs to one Jira instance?

When I am trying to configure the installed "Salesforce & Jira Cloud Connector" on the new org by filling the Access Token from Jira Instance, it goes forever and no error.

Please note Jira Instance is already connected to a Sandbox and Production system in the old org and we are trying to add a new sandbox system from the new org.

Thanks,

Navjot Aujla

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pablo Gamblin _ServiceRocket_ May 23, 2022

Hi Navjot,

Good day to you!  My name is Pablo and I'm from the ServiceRocket Support Team.  In regards to your questions about our Connector:

| "Is it possible to connect two Salesforce orgs to one Jira instance?"

Yes it is possible to connect multiple salesforce orgs to one Jira instance.  In order to do so you will need to create a new connection and follow the instructions in the documentation here.

"When I am trying to configure the installed "Salesforce & Jira Cloud Connector" on the new org by filling the Access Token from Jira Instance, it goes forever and no error."

If you have followed these instructions, make sure that the Salesforce org's Remote Site Settings for the connector have been set up.  You can find more instructions on how to do this in the documentation's Salesforce package installation guide.

If you can confirm that you have created a new connection for the Sandbox Salesforce instance, and have configured the managed package and Salesforce correctly following our guide, then I invite you to open a support ticket with us using the support link below.  Our team will be more than happy to assist you and investigate the issue:

I hope this information has been helpful

Best regards,
Pablo
ServiceRocket Apps Support

Igor Kosoy August 9, 2023

Hello Pablo, Salesforce package installation guidehttps://apps-docs.servicerocket.com/salesforce-jira/administrator-guide/setting-up-your-integration-in-jira/setting-up-a-connection-to-salesforce doesn't exist anymore. Where I could find instructions? When I am creating new connection for the separate Salesforce Org, it gives me only existing Prod and Sandbox options.

Thank you,

Igor

AaronPavez_Appfire August 9, 2023

Hi Igor!

Please allow me to help you with that documentation.

All the docs have been migrated here: ServiceRocket Apps Documentation 

The one you mention is this one:

Setting up a connection to Salesforce 

Let us know if you need any other help!.

Regards

Aaron

Igor Kosoy August 9, 2023

Thank you, Aaron. It helps. The issue I am having, we already have one connection authorized and trying to add additional connection with the New Salesforce Org (we migrating to the new org right now). But, when I am trying to setup connection it's only offering me Prod and Sandbox options for the Old Org and no options to add a URL for the new org. What am I missing?

Updated:Opened new salesforce in the new tab, logged in and tried to Authorize new connection. And, it worked. The issue solved. Thank you!

2 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Hi  @Navjot Aujla 

This is Dhiren from Exalate.

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira and Salesforce (among other ITSM systems) that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and Exalate uses a scripting engine which is based on Groovy scripts where you can control what data you want to share and even you can independently handle the incoming information. You can achieve complex use-cases with ease. 

You can connect as many instances as you need, so it's definitely possible to connect multiple Salesforce instance to a Jira instance(Cloud/Server/Data Center).

For more information on what is supported with Salesforce please refer this doc.

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks
Dhiren

1 vote
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2022

@Navjot Aujla hello. If you're open to using a 3rd party help, then I'd like to propose a tool that can help you with your use case. It's a no-code integration platform, called ZigiOps. It's flexible and allows customization to fit different use cases. ZigiOps connects the systems bi-directionally, so a change in one of them will immediately show up in the other. It can transfer and sync a variety of data.

It's also easy to use and takes just a few minutes to establish a stable connection between systems like Salesforce and Jira. And, Yes it can help you connect multiple Salesforce instances to one Jira instance. Feel free to take a look at it and even book a demo to see how it handles the integration.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

0 votes
Shubham Gupta August 2, 2022

Hi @Navjot Aujla 

Check this out - https://bit.ly/3vyOz86

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Swayam_Sinergify June 8, 2022

Hi Navjot,

Yes, it is possible to connect multiple Salesforce Orgs to a single Jira Instance and vice-versa too. 

Here is an article that can help you go through scenarios where the above-use case is applicable - https://rb.gy/lk5q7h

Best,

Swayam 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events