Confusion Around the Original Estimate Field

Alex Hofer September 26, 2022

Hello all,

This issue is probably mostly a configuration issue (I think?) but it does include one API call. I hope that's ok! :) We are just trying to pull all JIRA fields with a numerical type to allow our customers to track effort on a ticket and I am a little confused by the `Original Estimate` field and how its working in the back end and displaying in the front end.

As you can see here we have `Original Estimate` on our ticket:
original_estimate_ticket.png

However our field configuration does not list `Original Estimate` anywhere. But it does show a field called `Time Tracking` with the exact same description of `Original Estimate`:
time_tracking_config.png

When calling the API to get all fields for the Organization (/rest/api/2/field) I do see a numerical field called `Original Estimate` but I cannot seem to find it on any Projects and it doesn't seem to exist in the list of fields to even add to a screen.

So my questions are:

1. Why it called Original Estimate in a ticket is but in the configuration it's seemingly called Time Tracking? I can't seem to find any documentation around it.
  2. How do I even go about finding where the actual numerical `Original Estimate` is coming from so I can add it to an issue type? I can't seem to locate it on any Projects or Field Configurations.

Thank you!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events