Confluence Page Gadgets

Giuliano Pietoso December 5, 2022

Hi all, I saw that the Confluence page gadget (to be added in JIRA dashboards) are no longer supported since version 7.0.

Is there an alternative way to add Confluence pages information into JIRA dashboards?

Thank you,

Giuliano

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Giuliano Pietoso 

Out of the box, you can't add anything to the dashboard. I will assume that you know that you can link a project to a space, as well as to add confluence links to an issue. What to you want to show from confluence on a Jira dashboard? 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

@Giuliano Pietoso based on your answer on Dave,

I would search the marketplace for rich text/HTML gadgets to be placed on the top of the dashboard. Perhaps these could do the job you want, but I haven't tested them out:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219576/simple-announcements-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214632/rich-text-gadget-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Like Giuliano Pietoso likes this

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll bring these to the table along with other gadgets I find in the Marketplace. It's already a good starting point knowing what is and what is not possible to do in this context.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

Hi @Giuliano Pietoso what is the use case for this request?

Why would you like to display a Confluence page on a dashboard?

Hi @Dave Mathijs , thanks for the reply.

We are trying to have a landing page dashboard which will contain not just all the information we can currently extract with the JIRA gadgets/charts but also some links to confluence pages which contain relevant information we wish to share in the same place.

Not sure if there is a better way or if it is even possible to bring together a JIRA dashboard with other sources (internal or external).

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

I'm afraid there is no alternative for this. If the Dashboard is limited to a single project, you could connect the project to a Confluence page. It will create a link to the page, but it won't show the contents though.

Like Giuliano Pietoso likes this

Thank you. Again, this is already helpful to guide me towards other alternatives.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events