Configure field positions when moving issues

michael kuhlmann April 3, 2019

I currently introduced a workflow, with some new custom fields. I also setup a new project that is using these new custom fields. Now when I move stories from the old project to the new one, I get prompted for all the required values that are missing, which is pretty great!

BUT: The sort order / position of the fields seem to be randomized

The fields are actually Scrum-like, configured in the story-screen:

WHO

WHAT 

WHY

Acceptence Criteria

Is there a way I can make sure, that they are displayed in this particular order? Can't seem to find a way how to configure this :(

2 answers

0 votes
michael kuhlmann April 8, 2019

Hey John,

in the screen for the story the order is correct, but when it comes to the automatically generated move screen, where I have to put in the missing required fields, the sort-order is totally different.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Ah, I see. 

Yes, not sure how they determine that order - might possibly be by field ID. Lots of inconsistencies across the administration within JIRA as to order of things - some alphabetical, some now. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

Hey Michael - You should be able to arrange the fields in order on your screen. Are they not in the same order?

Suggest an answer