You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Hi, I am using jira software
in system > indexing > index recovery is on and schedule on every day on 9PM
1. /opt/atlassian/jira/jira-home/export directory is only for backup?
2. can I delete all files in /opt/atlassian/jira/jira-home/export directory? or cleanup except the last file?
3. can I tell jira to automatically delete older than one week's backup files?
This one is "system > indexing > index recovery" different from backup. This setting is for index recovery.
Backup automation will be configured in this settings Administration > System > Advanced > Services
1. /opt/atlassian/jira/jira-home/export directory is only for backup? --> Yes it is location where all backup files are stored as xml
2. can I delete all files in /opt/atlassian/jira/jira-home/export directory? or cleanup except the last file? --> you can delete the old backup files, dont delete all files. Based on your company backup & retention policy you can delete the old backup files. Usually backup files have name of the day, time when they were generated so check the old ones and if they are not required for your archives delete them.
3. can I tell jira to automatically delete older than one week's backup files? --> From Jira UI we cannot tell to automatically delete those files, you may have to write a bash script to do that for you. Please check out this https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/user-submitted-backup-restore-scripts-195767.html (this link is for confluence, but it gives an idea to write a script and do automation)
Hi @Farhaad_n ,
Yes export in Jira server is a place for Automated backup archives. It completely depend on you and your companies policy how old backups you wish to retain on your server.
Read more here: Jira application home directory
For your 3 requirement, refer here which has some suggestions you can explore.
Hey there! If you're searching for a simpler solution for backing up your data, we built Rewind for Jira Cloud to solve this problem. Our app offers automated backups and self-serve restores. We're now in the Atlassian Marketplace, so feel free to check out the app and try it free for 7 days. We'd love to hear your thoughts!