Conditions on workflows

Narsha Bac May 8, 2023

Hi Team,

I need some help please.

To give you some context, I have some stories and tasks in my sprint and I also have another issue type (for e.g. Release). I have a sub task in my release issue type.

In the workflow (for the sub task), I need to be able to put a condition where if all stories and tasks are done in the current sprint then I can transition the sub task to a specific status. 

On the contrary if there are stories and tasks still open in the current sprint, then I transition the sub task in another status. 

I assume this must be done via scrip runner? If yes, can you please guide me on the jira expression needed to achieve this?

Thanking you.

Regards,

Narsha

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Narsha Bac 

You can do transitions using automation rules. You don't need ScriptRunner for that.

My first question is why do you want to do this automation? Do you have PM/SCRUM Masters managing this sprints and ensuring that the statuses are up to date?

Ravi

Narsha Bac May 8, 2023

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your response.

From what I understand, automations will do the transitions automatically which I don't want. As I mentioned earlier, I want transition A to appear when all issues are done. And transition B to appear when some issues are still open.

The aim of doing this is to capture some info in the sub tasks when there are tasks and stories still open in the sprint and which will be carry forward to the next. These info will help the PM understand problems or delays happening in different teams.

Thanks,

Narsha

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events