Concatenate 2 jira fields and show on dashboard

vishalp1 September 21, 2022

Hello

We are in process to build a dashboard and as i understand you can pick standard jira field or smart filter field and build rich filter charts 

I wanted to concatenate 2 fields (standard jira "Project") and one smart filter that i have created and use that concatenated field to build a chart.

Appreciate your help

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Hi @vishalp1 -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I do not believe concatenating fields is a built-in feature, for dashboards or other uses.

There are marketplace addons to help with calculated fields like this, or you could use an automation rule and a custom field to concatenate the other field values for your own reporting.

Kind regards,
Bill

vishalp1 September 21, 2022

Hi Bill

Thanks for your quick response. Do you have any documentation link on how to use automation rule to concatenate 2 fields?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

To do that, you may use the concat() function, such as:

{{issue.summary.concat(issue.description)}}

To get you started on creating your rule, please review this documentation and examples:

You may also need a custom field to store the value, so work with your Jira Admin to help with that.

vishalp1 September 22, 2022

Thank you so much for the information

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer