Components not taken into Issue

Cristina Andrei April 12, 2023

Hi,

When I create a new issue, and adding components to the issue (in the edit mask), they do not get taken over into the issue itself. What is the problem and can be solved?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

How are you adding components during the issue creation?  Is it a field on the create screen?  Are you talking about the "system" field for components?  (the one the project admins can maintain the options for)

yes it is a field on the create screen. practically after i press the create button, it is open that pop to complete the summary, assignee, component etc.

on the component field i choose a component (laptop for example) then i press on the create button -> the issue is created but the component field is empty even i have choosed some component to filled.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Ok, so that suggests that you have a post-function, listener, or Automation that is clearing the component field as you create it.

Does the issue history have anything in it after you create an issue with this problem?  That might capture an Automation or listener dropping your input.

After the issue is created on issue history i can see  that the component has been removed.Even no one has removed that component

I checked also the postfunction but there is nothing to clear the component after is created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2023

The issue history does not contain the initial issue creation.

So if your issues are being created with Component filled in on-screen, and ending up with no components after creation, with no line in the history saying "someone deleted it", then you have a post-function removing it before issue creation.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

Hi @Cristina Andrei ,

please verify that compont/s field is in your view screen and it is not hidden in the related field contiguration.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

It is not hidden

practically after i press the create button, it is open that pop to complete the summary, assignee, component etc.

on the component field i choose a component (laptop for example) then i press on the create button -> the issue is created but the component field is empty even i have choosed some component to filled.

Suggest an answer