Component lead want to be notified once a new issue is created to his component

David Pleşu April 3, 2023

Hello,

I need to be able somehow to : need to send a notification (email) to the component lead once a new issue (story, task, sub-task, bug, …) is created and assigned to the component.

Maybe an automation rule ? I don't know how!

If you have an idea, please help.

BR, David.

2 answers

0 votes
Adeel Shoukat April 3, 2023

for just only notification, you need to update the notification scheme and add component lead in notification event. 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @David Pleşu it all depends on the event notifications you've defined in your notification scheme associated with the project.

If you've added a Component Lead to a component + Default assignee to the component, then the Issue Assigned event will be triggered. So just be sure to add the Current Assignee to that event.

David Pleşu April 3, 2023

Thank you for your response, i don' understant you, i don't now if is from permissions scheme, because in my jira cloud i have a lot of components, each with his component lead, and when someone is creating a issue and the field component is completed with his value of the component field, automatically should jira message to outlook - that inform about this new issue with his component.

Suggest an answer