Component field showing None

Anandh November 21, 2019

Earlier I was able to create component instantly in the issue creation form,

Now the same field is not editable on the issue screen.  I am aware that I can create component in settings. But suddenly this reflects as none.

Kindly assist.

Below enclosure FYR.

Component.jpg

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alistair Morrison March 30, 2020

I had this problem on a new project. Solution turned out to be that I had to seed the list of components by adding a component via Project Settings. Once there was one component, None was replaced by a dropdown box that allowed me to pick an existing component or add a new one. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sivarama Krishna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

Not sure what is your role in JIRA system.

Basically COMPONENT creation is Administration Job.

It can be restricted to specific project roles. 

Please check you have access to "Project Settings".

You need to have the project-specific Administer Projects 

Please check with JIRA Admin and make sure the responsible people will be added to the role.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2019

i wonder if you do not have edit permissions for Components. Can you check to see if you can add a Component from the Component screen? Click on "Components" in the sidebar. If it isn't there then go to Project settings > components

Next thing to rule out - check to see if someone has add a new Components custom field and your create screen is mistakenly hooked into that field instead of the real Components field.

Also, check another project to determine if this is a system or project issue.

Suggest an answer