Component Assignments are lost in Deep Clone

Drea April 21, 2021

I built a template, and assigned components to both issues, and subtasks. When I use the Deep Clone extension, and check "include components" the components are transferred over into the project, but not assigned to the individual issues/subtasks as it is in the template. It's a lot of work to go through and rematch components to each individually .

Please Advise! Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Drea -- Welcome to the Atlassian Marketplace!

For an purchased add-on question like this, you may want to ask your site admin to contact the vendor's support directly:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218652/deep-clone-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=support

Best regards,

Bill

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Drea. I am the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

I tried to reproduce your issue on our side, but wasn't able to. As @Bill Sheboy mentioned, you may want to contact our support. We could investigate your issue in more detail then.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hey Andrea,

Are the values for the Components in the project you are cloning to setup properly with the assignments linked to the Component names? 

For example, Component ABC is project A has the assignment setup for the Project Lead. 

Is Component ABC for project B also setup with the assignment setup for the Project Lead? 

Suggest an answer