Comparing current date with a specified due date

Esteban Ramirez January 4, 2022

Hello! I'm trying to create an automation that will run periodically every month to check if a ticket is past it's specified due date. I've tried the "Advanced compare condition" like this: {now} greater than {{issue.duedate}} but this doesn't seem to be working. Now I tried the jql query {{now.isAfter(issue.duedate)}} but this isn't working either. What am I doing wrong?

Any help is much appreciated 

4 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi Esteban - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What do you mean by it isn't working? What exactly is happening that isn't correct? Can you share a screenshot of your rule? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

And you can try this JQL:

project = ABC and duedate < startOfDay() and statuscategory != Done

0 votes
Claudio Gonzalez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Esteban Ramirez ,

In the Automation section you can use different options (red). If you need compare with other customfield you can use some similar to that

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 15.58.24.png

0 votes
Kamil Blicharski January 4, 2022

Try this in JQL query:
* for the term due <= -3d (over 3 days)
* for update issue updated <= -1w (over 1 week)

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events