Company Project with 2 products - create Board on saved filter

Deleted user June 2, 2021

Hi

I received a step by step description from Esther but since my ticket has expired, I've copied her mail below. Just wondering (on point 3)->  how do I create a sprint board using the "saved filter" option? 

Could you please explain? 

Many thanks 

Hi, @dirk_leekens welcome to the Community!

Yes, it's absolutely possible, although it does require some care with sprint naming, etc. to make sure you avoid overlap.

Here's how I would do this:

1. Create a component for each product. Alternatively, if you're already using Components for other things, create a custom field called Product and make it either a single choice dropdown or a radio button.
  2. Create two saved filters, one for each component/Product value. Make sure you set the filter permissions to be shared with the project.
  3. Create two sprint boards using the "from a saved filter" option; each board will use one of the filters you created.
  4. If you're not a Jira admin, you'll need to have them do this. In Settings -> Products -> Jira Software Configuration, the Parallel Sprints toggle needs to be turned on.

1 answer

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

You can create multiple boards in a project. Each board is a placeholder of issues(based on the filter results).

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-board/

Thanks! Niranjan. 

Boards created. 

How do I turn on Parallel sprints (point 4)?

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

1. Enabling parallel sprints
  2. Click Settings ()> Products, then scroll down the page to the Jira Software section.
  3. Under Jira Software configuration, select the Parallel Sprints checkbox.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-parallel-sprints/

ok, I don't think that I'm a JIRA admin as page of jira Software section is missing. I only see Confluence settings, Jira settings and bitbucket settings.

Project name : H's test project  

Jira issue.PNG 

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2021

Understood @[deleted]

You may  need to connect with your jira-administrator. 

Deleted user June 3, 2021

ok, I am now Administrator in our project but can't see "products" under settings?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events