Coloured fields - how to make the colours shorter using CSS? Flex-wrap is taking up too much space

Mark Fallaize December 29, 2020

Hi all,

I've created the following custom panel using Scriptrunner and CSS, but as you will see the colour bars are taking up too much space. How can I reduce the length of the colour bars?

Here's the code:

writer.write("<script>var css = '#customfield_13802-val { color: white; font-weight: bold; background: red; border-radius: 5px; display: flex; justify-content: center; flex-wrap: wrap; }', head = document.head || document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0], style = document.createElement('style');head.appendChild(style);style.appendChild(document.createTextNode(css)); </script>")

Risk Rating.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 11, 2021

Hi Mark, what happens if you add "Width: 50px" to your CSS string?

Mark Fallaize January 12, 2021

Hi Craig, thanks for your reply.

With a bit of trial and error using Width and Padding, the bars are taking up less space, thanks. The code so far is this:

writer.write("<script>var css = '#customfield_11000-val { color: white; font-weight: bold; background: red; border-radius: 5px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; padding: 1px 25px 1px 25px; Width: 260px; }', head = document.head || document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0], style = document.createElement('style');head.appendChild(style);style.appendChild(document.createTextNode(css)); </script>") 

The words are not as nicely centered as in your risk register add-on, however. Also, I was hoping that the panels would shrink with the bars, but the empty space remains.

I've just learnt that panel customisation is not (yet) possible in Jira Cloud which everyone will need to migrate to, so I suppose it is not worth improving this any further.

Thank you for your help.

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events