Collect all issues that were in the beginning of the sprint with JQL

Luna Costa Vasconcelos May 17, 2023

I need to collect all issues that were in the beginning of the sprint with JQL in issuenavigator for example, right when the sprint started and nothing else, for example:

If I have a sprint A that started 23/04/2023 with 102 issues, I need to get only this 102 issues and nothing else, right now I'm trying with this JQL query:

project = Rocket AND (sprint = "Rocket 23.01 Sprint 1") AND issueFunction not in addedAfterSprintStart(Rocket, "Rocket 23.04 Sprint 1")

But this is bringing also the issues added after the sprint started and it is missing issues that were excluded from the sprint after it ended, how can I do this?

Note: This needs to be done for the past, I need to do this in sprints that happened last year, so the JQL query needs to be able to work for the past not only for now

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Luna Costa Vasconcelos ,

TBH, I didn't think that this was possible as I didn't think that the APIs supported the query. However, I thought I would give it another try because it's been a while since I had attempted this. I also noted in the scriptrunner documentation that it would seem to be supported via the Enhanced search. Regardless, my results were the same as yours. With that said I will try to reach out to others that have more experience with scriptrunner to see if they might confirm support.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

I think this is a bug in SR's addedAfterSprintStart function in enhanced search.  I'll make some noise at the dev team...

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Luna Costa Vasconcelos June 1, 2023

Hi, is there any response on this issue?

Suggest an answer