Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cnfigured webhook in JIRA is not working

I am using JIRA software server. I trying to integrate JIRA with google chat room using webhook. So basically we cannot use automation rule as it is paid. I tried using webhook option in settings->system. Our use case is if an issue is created in any project then that issue's id should be displayed in my google chat room. The URL in screenshot is  googe chaat room webhook url. But when an issue is created the webhook which we have configured is not getting triggered.  Why this is so? Please guide me with this.

I have attached the screenshot for the same.web1_LI.jpg

web2.PNGweb3.PNGweb4.PNG

1 answer

Is that webhook a receiver that is able to receive any payload that Jira sends or is it just supposed to receive specific data?

Hi @Prince Nyeche that webhook(of google chat room) should receive data in JSON format from JIRA.

Hi @Shivani Umale 

I think there's probably some form of configuration you have to do on the Google chat side. Jira webhook always fires once enabled and once connected to any webhook receiver. You can always test it out by using a webhook receiver from https://webhook.site to ensure the Jira webhook is working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

444 views 2 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you