Cluster cache replication error on a node

sc September 11, 2019

Dear all,

We are using Jira Data center and we have a on a particular node  ( 2 nodes as cluster) an Cluster replication error when running trouble shooting tool.

Error : The node xxxxxxx is not replicating

based on docuementation it says to  :

"Checks that the internode communication settings in the cluster.properties file are correct. Also checks that your network configuration is set up correctly."

The node is not replicating information to the cluster - it exists in the database but not the replication cache.

What does that really means and step or file to check ?

I have go thought the resolving problem on documentation for such error but I could not resolve it .

Does any one met this issue already and could potentially point out steps to go in details to help resolve it ?

1 answer

0 votes
Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 11, 2019

Here is an example cluster.properties

one of our nodes:

# This ID must be unique across the cluster
jira.node.id = is-jira-cluster01
# The location of the shared home directory for all JIRA nodes
jira.shared.home = /data/jira-sharedhome
ehcache.listener.hostName=10.145.21.32
ehcache.object.port=40011

The configuration must be specified because in most networks the multicast is often inaccessible for auto-detection of nodes in the cluster.

More Info here. Read "single host configuration"

UPD: 

Sorry, I sent you the wrong link, corrected it in the previous answer.

Regarding your questions:

Each node must have this configuration. The hostname of the current node for cache communication. JIRA Data Center will resolve this internally(I mentioned the multicast above) if the parameter isn't set. 
If you have problems resolving the hostname of the network you can set this parameter.

IP address is the external address of the current node.
Port is an open port for communicating on Ehcache.

sc September 11, 2019

Thanks for your reply

based on your sample cluster properties, it is the cluster property for which node ? the node which fails or does this configuration need to be on both nodes ?

The Ip adress you set and port number is the for the node define as Jira.node.id ?

Thnaks help

regards

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 11, 2019

I can’t answer your comment, some kind of community error, I edited the previous comment

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
September 11, 2019

In no case do you need to consider me an expert, these are the problems that I had to face and those solutions that helped me defeat it.

sc September 11, 2019

Thnaks for your reply.

How do I know the port of the EhCache to use ?

regards

Lady Di
Marketplace Partner
September 11, 2019

Quote from the official docs:

The port the node is going to be listening to (default = 40001)

If multiple nodes are on the same host or this port is not available, you might need to set this manually.

If all the nodes are on different servers, just make sure that the port is open, no additional configuration is required.

sc September 11, 2019

Thanks for your reply,

by the way are you sure it is 

ehcache.object.port and not
ehcache.listners.port ?

Suggest an answer