Cloud-to-cloud migration - resolution for unmigrated assets

Jakub Niepsuj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2021

Hi, according to https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/what-migrates-in-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/ some of the customfields for example are not migrated out of the box. My question is how to mitigate/prepare for it - there is no solution nor clues. If my source project contains a multiselect customfield which is marked as non-migrateable what should I do? Should I create the customfield with exact value before migration or after? If so how should I transfer the data, or (if customfield would be created beforehand) the data would be transferred? 

I am preparing for a big merge of multiple cloud sites for a client and this lack of information makes it impossible to plan/schedule/prepare accordingly.

A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for anyone albe to clarify :)

1 answer

0 votes
Nino Enukidze June 30, 2023

Hello,

Suppose you'd like to migrate Assets from the cloud to another cloud instance. In that case, install Insight Assets Backup & Migration for both cloud instances and start the migration.

For more details, read the article and documentation.

If you have more questions, feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Nino

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events